Thu, 09 Jun|
A small business guide to profiting from purpose - POSTPONED FROM 24/03/2022
This is a practical workshop for micro and small businesses wanting to find out more about why and how a positive impact on the economy, people and the planet can benefit the business by providing them with a competitive edge that secures new customers, employees and supply chain opportunities.
Time & Location
09 Jun 2022, 10:00 – 12:00
Kenilworth, The Kenilworth Centre, Abbey End Car Park, Kenilworth CV8 1QJ, UK
About the Event
Whatever your business does - however big or small – it has an impact on the economy, people and the planet, which is usually known as “sustainability” or “CSR”. As a micro or small family business it is easy to think that sustainability doesn’t apply to you because you:
- only employ yourself or one or two others;
- work from home;
- only provide a service and not a product.
By being aware of that impact, you can set up authentic and purposeful actions that keep you ahead of the competition and be the company that everyone wants to buy from, work for, or invest in.
This workshop provides practical and easy to follow activities that will give insight on how you can use sustainability in your business decisions to connect with your key stakeholders and protect environmental resources to secure the growth of your business.
The workshop will cover:
- Why you started your business
- What your business values are and why you should talk about them more
- Where sustainability fits within your business operations
- Who needs to be considered in your sustainable decision making process
- How to begin to demonstrate your sustainability and accountability
More joining information will be sent closer to the date